Monday, September 27, 2010

Ten Months and Counting

Sorry it has been almost a month. We've been crazy busy as usual. I turned in a rough draft of my full dissertation (via email). I will turn in a printed copy to my adviser's box tomorrow. It is around 220 pages (without the bibliography which adds another 20 pages or so) in 11 pt, times new roman font (standard 1 inch margins). Some people compare writing a dissertation to having a baby. Having done both at the same time, I can honestly say that is not really a very good metaphor. Anyway, this blog is about Lucy not my dissertation, so here goes...

Lucy has at least one and possibly two new teeth. She has a for sure new tooth on the bottom (bringing her incisor count up to three) and may have a new incisor on top. She doesn't like to show the top of her mouth, so I've only caught glimpses of something. The teething has been rough. There were a couple of nights of tears nearly all night. Major and I were at our wits end, but we made it through (and she only slept with us once). I'm really glad we don't remember teething. It looks awful. Oh and no, she has not slept through the night yet. Some babies are just like that...I was, so I can't really be too critical of her.

Lucy has some of her chunky monkey status back. She seems to gain all her weight and then grow into it. She'll think back out especially when she starts to walk, which she is trying to do now. She just hasn't quite got it figured out. She will though and then her dad and I'll lose a lot of our baby weight too ;)

With doctor's approval, she has been eating some people food (besides the standard baby purees I mean). She loves ice cream and whip cream (just a little though) and pancakes. She thinks most foods mom eats are great (way better than her food) except oatmeal which always gets the, 'I'm dying why did you give me this horrid stuff' face. She isn't too thrilled with meats either, but she seems to like the soups I make (chicken and beef) okay. She just isn't too into Gerber and their, 'this tastes like Campbell's veggie beef soup after it's been in a blender' flavors.

Lucy loves to feed herself, but Daddy hates it. He wants to skip the messy stage, but I'm pretty sure we can't do that...isn't the next three years all one big messy stage. Anyway, it is okay. Mommy loves making mud pies (and is big enough to give Daddy a taste of his medicine if he turns the hose on her).

We're going to Denver at the beginning of November, but will be back on the 12th. Lucy's first birthday and our house warming are scheduled for Sunday November 14th. Exact times to follow. There will be cake and snacks. Lucy has an Amazon wish list. I'll put a link on the blog. Some of the stuff really isn't age appropriate. I mostly made it so I could remember stuff I thought she might like now and in the future. If you decide to get her something from the list(and please don't feel that you have to get her anything), please take that into account. I do understand people's desire to buy baby's presents (Daddy won't let me near the Babies R Us anymore especially if I have the credit card). Also, Daddy set up one of those college accounts (501 something or other like that). If you want details, please talk to him. He's kind of freaking out...we got the tuition schedule for the Montessori preschool (through junior high). Ah well what are you going to do...and don't say Public School. I believe in Public School, but they need so much work right now that it wouldn't be fair to Lucy to put her in one just to make a point. I'll keep fighting so that hopefully her kids will be able to go to public school, but for now she's our daughter not a political cause.

Now that I've gone all soap boxy, I better stop and check on the little one. She's been napping for about half an hour and usually needs to be repositioned about now (she falls asleep in the strangest positions). Oh...check out the new pictures...the nursery photos are finally in there as promised. We're going to remove the tall white book case though...now that she is almost walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment