Friday, July 23, 2010

She's Got Teeth

Lots of stuff to report today. First, Lucy has teeth. That's right. Her two bottom teeth finally came in and did it at the exact same time. She's still teething, but I'm not sure which part of her mouth is bothering her because she moves her teethers around depending on the day and the time. There are pictures of her pearly whites.

Lucy took her first and second bubble baths last month. Check her out in the pictures. She seemed to think it was pretty fun and had a good time hitting the water to move the bubbles around the tub. Next month, food coloring. We'll see what she thinks when the water is blue or green or orange or maybe even purple.

She is trying to crawl a lot, but she still hasn't quite figured out how to launch herself forward. She just keeps getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth. The other day she tried getting off her knees and going up onto her tippy toes, but when it didn't help she stopped doing it. She is otherwise pretty mobile and able to roll/squirm her way where she wants to go. There are some pictures of her on all fours trying to go forward.

I snapped some pictures of the nursery now that it is together (sans wall art) for people who have not seen it. It came out really cute I think. It'll be pretty spacious once we're able to take out the rocking chair, but for now it suits our purposes.

In some pictures you may notice the inclusion of cake pans and pots. Lucy is in love with making noise right now. Mommy encourages it, but Daddy isn't so sure. I keep reminding him that a noisy baby is a happy, healthy baby. Besides how many years do you get to make as much noise as you want for as long as you want without anybody saying anything. There aren't actually that many perks that come with being a baby. She should live it up. I keep telling him to let her try and feed herself too, but he isn't feeling the messiness. Don't you ever wish that you could just go out and get as messy as you wanted. I wonder what's going to happen the first time she and I go out to make mud pies.

I also included some pictures of the rest of the house that is mostly together. We hope to have a housewarming soon, but haven't had a free weekend since the move. Hopefully things will quiet down a bit now that the fourth has past. We'll keep people updated.

For those keeping track, Dr. Janzen (my advisor) said to go ahead and put my chapters into a complete draft (all 450 pages of them). I'm hoping to have that done by the end of August. After that, we'll review it (cut some stuff out) and make sure it is nice and solid and then give it to the rest of my committee. They'll read it, let me know any problems they have with it, and then when everyone agrees we will have my defense. This process can take anywhere from a month or two to a couple of years (don't worry I took that professor off my committee). I hope to defend soon and will keep everyone updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment