Lucy is 7 and 1/2 months old and moving ahead with leaps and bounds. Although she still can't go from a lying position into a seated one (and boy she sure does try), once seated she has no problems staying that way for a very long time. She gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth too, so crawling is just a few days away (right now she mostly pushes herself backwards on accident moving further from whatever object she is trying to move towards, which seems to perplex her more than frustrate her). She rolls all over the place and, just to be contrary I'm sure, still hasn't had any teeth pop through her gums. You can see them through her gums perfectly, but they are just taking their slow sweet time actually coming out. Poor Kiddo! Most of the time she is fine, but some days nothing soothes her. This week I purchased one of those mesh feeder bags (it is a little mesh bag that attaches to a handle). One of the mothers at the lactation class suggested putting some frozen grapes or watermelon balls in it and letting her suck on it to numb her gums, so we're going to give that a try today.
Lucy slept through the night for about a week, but then started waking up again. I think it is the teething. Major thinks it is a combination of the sun staying up so long and the sound of fireworks going off at dusk. This too will pass in time whatever the cause. It was nice to sleep for a little while. I'm calling it our summer vacation.
We're moved in and mostly unpacked. Still a few boxes here and there. I'm working on picking up odds and ends for the house (like drapes). We were hoping to do some of that this weekend, but I'm not sure we'll get around to it. Lucy and I ran errands all day Friday and then yesterday we drove to St. Joe, so I'd kind of like to keep her home today where she can crawl around and play. If it was just a trip to Target it wouldn't be so bad, but the best drapes are at the Penny's Outlet, so it is a bit of a drive. Speaking of driving, I'm hoping Major will call John and Jan to see if they'll watch Lucy on one of these upcoming weekends, so we can go to a movie. Maybe if I put it in the blog he'll remember (and maybe not...I'm going to invent digital string that not only ties around your finger, but has a scrolling line of text that tells you what you're supposed to do).
Uh-oh, sounds like nap time is over. I'll post again as soon as I can.
Sunday, July 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We'd love to sit with Lucy! Give us a call or an email when you decide. Just so you know, we would NOT be able to do it on the 10th or the 25th, at least that's what the calendar says now. We'll even throw in a carpet shampooer!
ReplyDeleteIt turn out the 17th is also out; looking like Sundays might be best, or Fridays.
ReplyDelete