Lucy is 23 weeks now and is so different from when we brought her home last November. Not only is she more than twice the size that she was, but she is very interactive. She talks all the time, laughs, makes funny faces to make other people laugh, grabs, pulls, holds, tries to sit up, rolls on her tummy and on her back, and avoids sleeping whenever possible. She is absolutely amazing.
Lucy's biggest milestone to report this post is that she now says Mama all the time. She still doesn't know what she is saying, but with Mama's immediate, exuberant reaction, she'll have it figured out before long. Much to Major's consternation, she has yet to day Dada. I have repeatedly assured him that she will.
Other milestones.
She hugs...really nestles in there when she wants a squeeze and you're holding her. It feels wonderful.
She is also eating other foods besides cereal. The first real food we gave her was pureed carrots, which she wasn't sure about the first day we gave them to her, but the second day she devoured them. I tried them (I have to eat everything to show her its edible before she'll try it) and have to say baby food carrots taste canned (ooh gross). I think I, at least, will enjoy homemade baby food more. I bet she does too. For those who enjoy the gross out files (you're so weird), the carrots did make her pooh orange, which only freaked mom out for a minute. Tonight we eat squash.
She rolls. She rolls to her tummy from her back and from her back to her tummy and sometimes she just rolls a couple times for fun. She loves to lay in her gym so she can roll. We don't have the living room baby safe yet because Daddy is waiting until we move into the new house, so Mommy has to watch her like a hawk when she's on the floor. I'll be happy when we have a playroom.
I've managed to piece together most of Lucy's summer wardrobe. I did a little bit off of Craigslist, a little bit at the Goodwill, and we went to the Kid's consignment sale yesterday. Daddy bought because Mommy was broke. We got some really cute outfits at very reasonable prices including some Jayhawk bloomers that Daddy hopes she won't grow into until the Fall (we'll see). Picture day is May 14, so I'll have to figure out which new outfit she should wear.
We're getting more and more excited to move and plan to paint Lucy's room a nice shade of Lavender. We also need to paint the cupboards in the kitchen and Mommy's debating painting some accent walls throughout the house. I also need to order some curtains (as the house has none) and the only curtains we have are for Lucy's room. We'll keep everyone updated on our progress.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment